1. Wash and dry the chilies.
2. Pile them into your standard issue black enamel sun-oven pot (no lid)
3. Stick them in the oven for a couple of hours 'til they are deliciously roasty-looking (and smelling! Like the entire state of New Mexico in the fall...).
4. Let cool.
5. De-seed and peel off the skin. Using a sharp knife, pull off strips of roasted chili (compost the seeds, stems, and skin).
6. Pack the de-seeded/skinned strips into small sterilized jars with lids.
7. Return the jars to the sun oven pot in a few inches of water.
8. Forget about them for an hour or so.
9. Let cool, then store in the fridge.
Approximately three pounds of raw chilies yields a little over one half pint when roasted.
FOR MORE ON SUN-OVEN COOKERY, PLEASE VISIT OUR DEDICATED BLOG!